Structured for Success
Turner Broadcasting is poised to lead and succeed in an increasingly more engaged, more connected media environment.
Our programming business is aligned within four key divisions -- Domestic Entertainment; Animation, Young Adults & Kids; News; and International. We target audiences with content that is compelling, specific and relevant.
Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of originals, marquee sports, popular licensed series and movies, classic film and reality programming. This balanced mix of content addresses the specific needs of advertisers, distributors and consumers, while driving reach that generates in the best financial returns.
- TBS ranks as basic cable's #1 network among adult 18-34 and adults 18-49 in primetime and is home to three of basic cableâ€™s top 10 original comedies.
- TNT claims four shows among basic cable's Top 15 original drama series.
- Turner Sportsâ€™ exclusive coverage of the 2014 NCAA Division I Menâ€™s Basketball Championship that aired on TBS, TNT, truTV and partner network CBS was the second highest-rated and most-viewed NCAA tournament in nearly 10 years.
- truTV has chalked up solid numbers with such hits as Hardcore Pawn, Lizard Lick Towing, Full Throttle Saloon and South Beach Tow.
Animation, Young Adults & Kids Media
Cartoon Network, Boomerang and Adult Swim; the digital businesses and Cartoon Network Video; and two animation production facilities, Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank and Williams Street Studios in Atlanta offer targeted original, acquired and classic animated and live-action entertainment.
- Adult Swim ranks #1 in Total Day among adults 18-34 & 18-49 and men 18-34 and 18-49.
- Cartoon Network ranked as televisionâ€™s #1 network for Early Prime (7-9 p.m.) delivery among boys 9-14.
CNN, the original 24-hour news network, delivers the most comprehensive, nonpartisan news and analysis to global audiences across all platforms. CNN Worldwide's networks and businesses include CNN/U.S., HLN, CNN International, CNN en EspaÃ±ol, CNN.com, CNN Airport Channel, CNN Radio and CNN Newsource.
- CNN viewership has increased by more than 82% among total viewers and 97% among adults 25-54 since the previous quarter.
- The debut of CNNâ€™s Chicagoland premiered as the #1 original program among adults 25-54 across cable news networks. Death Row Stories also premiered as a #1 ranked series, delivering more adults 24-54 than any other cable news network.
Turner International is now 160+ channels in 200+ countries, with more than 30 brands, in close to 40 languages. Turnerâ€™s global business is strong and continuing to build scale by leveraging the value of existing brands and making strategic regional acquisitions.
- Turner is the leading U.S. multi-channel operator in Latin America.
- CNN is the #1 English-language news brand around the world.
Ad Sales and Distribution
Working in tandem with the programming divisions, Turnerâ€™s Ad Sales and Distribution arms drive new thinking and execution that crosses traditional boundaries, connects players and assets in creative ways and delivers value for our partners and for our company.
- TBS, TNT and truTV combine unique strengths -- reach that rivals broadcast; strong, branded networks; great value; and broad demographic appeal for advertisers brand message.
- The value proposition of CNN to our advertising partners remains the unmatched scale and reach of the brand.
A robust technology division within Turner provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies.
- Instrumental in the development of technology to support the TV Everywhere initiative that will allow paying cable subscribers access to authenticated long form video across cable, satellite and telco providers.