Adult Swim Reigns For 11th Straight Year As The #1 Destination With Young Adults
Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Rick and Morty Leads Network’s Expanded Slate of Original Series Winning In Primetime
Adult Swim continues to be the voice that is resonating with the younger generation as it finishes 2015 as basic cable’s #1 Network in Total Day with 18-24 and 18-34 year olds for the 11th consecutive year.
Hit series and critical favorite Rick and Morty returned for its second season with double digit growth, and along with the network’s expanding list of originals series (Black Jesus, Mr. Pickles, Mike Tyson Mysteries) helped Adult Swim also win in primetime with 18-34 year olds.
The network, known for its unique relationship with a dedicated fan base, also continues to buck the trend of young viewership and is having its series watched on average, *92% Live among the 18-34 audience.
Adult Swim will end 2015 with other major highlights including the following:
• Adult Swim had a 94% lead over the closest network based on delivery of adults 18-34, which is a 17 point increase over last year’s lead.
• The network had a 58% lead over the closest competitor with 18-49 year olds, up 15 points versus the prior year.
• Rick and Morty’s second season outperformed its debut year by +67% among adults 18-34.
• Adult Swim’s Steam Game Portfolio has doubled (+118%) in total downloads versus last year.
• Adult Swim’s streaming channels, FishCenter and Lunchtime Games on Adult Swim.com have increased their viewership month-over-month by 20% each, on the site and app combined.
*Source ADSM Research, Nielsen Media, period 12/29-11/29/15, 8p-6a **Source ADSM Research, Nielsen Media, Competitive Demo Analysis Live+7 period 12/29-11/29/15, M-Su 6a-6a based on delivery ***Source ADSM Research, Nielsen Media, Live+7 period Sn 2 7/26-10/4/15 vs Sn 1 12/2-4/14/14, based on delivery ****Source ADSM Research, Steam Analytics; November 2015*Source ADSM Research, Omniture SiteCatalyst; FishCenter data January-October 2015, Lunchtime Games data July-November 2015.
About Adult Swim
Adult Swim (AdultSwim.com), launched in 2001, is Turner’s network offering original and acquired animated and live-action series for young adults. Airing nightly from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), Adult Swim is basic cable’s #1 network with persons 18-34 and 18-49, and is seen in 94 million U.S. homes.
Adult Swim is a part of Turner, a Time Warner company. Turner creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.