Cartoon Network Enterprises, Steve Jackson Games and USAopoly Debut MUNCHKIN Adventure Time
Thursday, October 30, 2014
It’s time for an all-new kind of adventure as Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE), Steve Jackson Games and USAopoly celebrate the retail launch of MUNCHKIN® Adventure Time, the all-new card game that fuses the fun and monster-slaying, treasure-grabbing role-playing of the classic card game with awesome twists from across the Land of Ooo. The fast-paced, whimsical card game created for fans ages 10 and up is available now at Target stores nationwide, as well as online and at specialty retailers for the suggested retail price of $24.95. A must-have addition to the top-selling MUNCHKIN franchise from Steve Jackson Games, MUNCHKIN® Adventure Time allows players to tap into the fun, expansive universe of Cartoon Network’s hit animated show.
Highlights from the gameplay include:
- Players select from eight different character cards – complete with their gender-swapped counterpart – that each feature special game play elements, including: Finn/Fionna, Jake/Cake, Princess Bubblegum/Prince Gumball, Marceline/Marshall Lee, Flame Princess/Flame Prince, Lady Rainicorn/Lord Monochromicorn, Lumpy Space Princess/Lumpy Space Prince, and BMO.
- 168 flippin’ awesome custom-themed Adventure Time cards make up the deck, which includes door cards and treasure cards that guide players through the game.
- Door Cards are where the Monsters lurk and players will battle against pesky foes like Magic Man, Ice King, and The Lich. Plus, they’ll also have to deal with – and dole out - curses like suddenly being covered in The Lumps, being transformed into a giant foot, or falling under Ice King’s spell. But don’t fret: the Door Cards are also where players find Allies like Tree Trunks, Susan Strong and Peppermint Butler to help you along your way!
- Treasure Cards will equip you with awesome items like Finn’s Golden Sword of Battle and Armor of Zeldron, Marceline’s Axe-Bass, and so many more that will give you permanent bonuses and help you on your quest to become a Level 10 Munchkin. Other treasures cards provide either one-time powers like The Enchiridion or the Demonic Wishing Eye or level-upping powers like Training with Billy, Making Bacon Pancakes, and Spotting the Snail among others.
- Players looking to run away from monsters will roll a custom die that fittingly taps into Jake’s shape-shifting ability to escape bad stuff from happening.
To get MUNCHKIN fans excited about the addition of Adventure Time into the franchise – and to help introduce Adventure Time fans to the fun world of MUNCHKIN – CNE, Steve Jackson Games and USAopoly created two custom videos – MUNCHKIN® Adventure Time How to Play and MUNCHKIN® Adventure Time Unboxed – which can be found here:
About Steve Jackson Games:
Steve Jackson Games, based in Austin, Texas, has been publishing games, game books, and magazines since 1980. Its best-selling game is Munchkin, with well over 5 million copies of the games and supplements in print worldwide. Other top sellers are GURPS (the Generic Universal RolePlaying System), Zombie Dice, and Illuminati. Past hits have included Car Wars and Toon. Steve's very first game, Ogre, originally released in 1977, drew almost a million dollars' worth of Kickstarter support in 2012 for a super-deluxe edition, which was released in late 2013.
About USAopoly, Inc.:
Since 1994, USAopoly, Inc. has been making great board games that entertain families, collectors and gamers alike. Our line-up of iconic licensed game brands includes themed versions of Monopoly®, Risk®, Yahtzee®, Trivial Pursuit®, Jenga® (licensed from the Entertainment & Licensing Division of Hasbro), Bang!®, Munchkin®, as well as award-winning original games Telestrations®, Tapple®, Reverse Charades®, Treasure Trax™, CrossWays™, Ratuki® and the new Selfie game.
For more fun and games, visit www.usaopoly.com. ™, ® & © USAopoly Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About Cartoon Network Enterprises:
Cartoon Network Enterprises (CNE) is responsible for building consumer products and merchandising programs for a wide range of brands by securing and supporting long-term licensing partnerships across all categories. As the global branding and merchandising arm of Cartoon Network and Adult Swim, the division manages the consumer product programs for the networks’ award-winning original programming, brands and characters including Ben 10, Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, The Powerpuff Girls, Adult Swim and more. CNE also serves as the exclusive global licensing agent for LazyTown Entertainment and the PGA of America for the youth marketplace.
Cartoon Network (cartoonnetwork.com) is regularly the #1 U.S. television network in prime among boys 6-11 & 9-14. Currently seen in 97 million U.S. homes and 194 countries around the world, Cartoon Network is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. In addition to Emmy-winning original programming and industry-leading digital apps and online games, Cartoon Network embraces key social issues affecting families with solution-oriented initiatives such as Stop Bullying: Speak Up and the Move It Movement. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
Cartoon Network Enterprises