CONAN in Cuba draws 3.7M viewers
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
"CONAN in Cuba" Drums Up Big Audience, Reaching 3.7 Million Viewers Across Multiple Platforms
A total of 3.7 million viewers have checked out "CONAN in Cuba," the historic episode of TBS's CONAN in which Conan O'Brien became the first American late-night host to do a show in Cuba in more than 50 years. The show, which now ranks as CONAN's most-watched destination special ever, drew its power from an abundance of multiplatform viewing across TBS's premiere and encore telecasts, the Watch TBS website and app, DVR playback and set-top VOD. The show also brought in viewers through a pair of special encores on sister networks HLN and truTV. Below are ratings highlights:
- With its total multiplatform reach of 3.7 million viewers, "CONAN in Cuba" scored +194% growth compared to the show's year-to-date multiplatform reach.
- When it comes to linear telecasts, the "CONAN in Cuba" premiere on TBS and encores on TBS, HLN and truTV together brought in more than 3 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery, including 1.6 million adults 18-49 and 794,000 adults 18-34.
- "CONAN in Cuba" is now the most-watched destination special in the show's history, with +23% more adults 18-49 than the average for all previous destination specials.
- TBS's March 5 premiere telecast of “CONAN in Cuba" brought in 1.5 million viewers in Live + 7 delivery, a +73% increase over CONAN' year-to-date average. The premiere telecast was also up in key demos compared to the series' 2015-to-date Live + 7 average, with +57% more adults 18-49 and +49% adults 18-34. Combined with TBS's encore telecasts, "CONAN in Cuba" surpassed CONAN's year-to-date average by +132% among total viewers, +88% among adults 18-49 and +101% among adults 18-34.
- TBS's sister networks HLN and truTV joined the "CONAN in Cuba" parade with a pair of telecasts that collectively added another 308,000 viewers to the show's Live + 7 delivery, with adults 18-49 accounting for well over half the audience.
- Online video streaming for "CONAN in Cuba" significantly outperformed the series' 2015 averages, with +1106% more full-episode viewing and +222% more short-form video viewing among total viewers.
- On Twitter, "CONAN in Cuba" drew +250% more tweets than the show's 2015-to-date average.
In July, CONAN will head to Comic-Con® International for a week of shows from the historic Spreckels Theater in downtown San Diego. It will mark the first time ever that a late-night show has broadcast from San Diego during the wildly popular gathering. Details about CONAN's Comic-Con shows will be announced soon.
CONAN airs Monday-Thursday at 11 p.m. (ET/PT) on TBS. The series, which earned an Emmy® for its innovative mobile app, is produced by Conaco LLC, with Jeff Ross serving as executive producer.
Connect with CONAN
Twitter: twitter.com/teamcoco/ | twitter.com/conanobrien/
Conan O'Brien Presents: Team Coco app available for iOS and Android devices.
TBS is basic cable's #1 entertainment network among young adults in primetime. Available in 101 million households, TBS features such original comedies as American Dad!, Your Family or Mine and the upcoming Angie Tribeca and Clipped. TBS also features unscripted originals like King of the Nerds and Meet the Smiths. In late night TBS, is home to the Emmy®-winning series CONAN, starring Conan O'Brien. The TBS lineup also includes popular contemporary comedies, such as The Big Bang Theory and Family Guy, along with blockbuster movies and championship sports.
TBS is part of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company. Turner Broadcasting creates and programs branded news; entertainment; kids and young adult; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.
Connect with TBS
Twitter: twitter.com/TBSveryfunny | twitter.com/TBSPR
Watch TBS app available for iOS and Android devices.