FilmStruck Expands its Movie Library to Offer Iconic Hollywood Classics Through a New Partnership with Warner Bros. Digital Networks
Monday, February 26, 2018
Warner Bros.' Celebrated Classic Films Now Streaming Exclusively on FilmStruck
New Featured Collection - TCM Select - Offers Movies from the
Golden Age of Hollywood
FilmStruck, Turner's streaming service for movie lovers, is partnering with Warner Bros. Digital Networks (WBDN) to expand its robust film library by adding timeless classic films from the Golden Age of Hollywood to its critically acclaimed slate of art house, indie, foreign and cult films. Beginning today, FilmStruck subscribers in the U.S. will now get hundreds of new movies as well as exclusive streaming access to films from the Warner Bros. classic film library at no additional cost, including:
- Exclusive streaming access to critically acclaimed Hollywood classics such as Casablanca, Rebel Without a Cause, Singin' In the Rain, Citizen Kane, The Music Man, Bringing Up Baby, The Thin Man, Cat People, A Night At The Opera, An American In Paris, and Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf?
- TCM Select, a new featured collection offering the most iconic films from the Golden Age of Hollywood, supplemented with introductions from TCM host Ben Mankiewicz created exclusively for FilmStruck, rare archival content and bonus materials
- New curated themes around classic Hollywood such as Rogers & Astaire: The Complete Collection, Neo-Noir, and a Star of the Week theme featuring Bette Davis, Hepburn & Tracy and Ava Gardner, among others.
"At Turner, we're dedicated to bringing fans optimal viewing experiences at every touch point, and we're very proud of the premium movie service we've built as an additive entertainment option among our portfolio of popular TV networks," said Coleman Breland, president of Turner Classic Movies, FilmStruck and Turner Content Experiences. "There is tremendous value in partnering with Warner Bros., who owns the most iconic classic film library in the world, as the next natural step in FilmStruck's evolution as we continue to build momentum in the streaming marketplace."
"We are very excited to partner with FilmStruck and bring Warner Bros.' classic movie library to the world's premiere film service," said Craig Hunegs, President, Warner Bros. Digital Networks and President, Business and Strategy, Warner Bros. Television Group. "This continues Warner Bros. rapid expansion to bring the best content directly to the fans in a compelling and affordable way."
Working alongside Turner, Warner Bros. Digital Networks will bring its experience in growing digital businesses across its expanding portfolio to this partnership. Effective immediately, Warner Archive will sunset its digital streaming service, with current subscribers being transitioned to a FilmStruck subscription, providing them with instant access to additional films available to stream anywhere, anytime.
FilmStruck will continue to offer U.S. based subscribers the largest streaming library of contemporary and classic arthouse, indie, foreign and cult films, including exclusive streaming access to the critically acclaimed Criterion Collection, offering movie lovers access to films from all decades and all genres. FilmStruck also provides extensive bonus content, filmmaker interviews and rare footage, making it a must-have streaming service for serious film fans. FilmStruck's impressive library features films from such celebrated indie studios as Janus Films, Flicker Alley, Icarus Films, Kino, Milestone, Zeitgeist, Film Movement, Global Lens, First Run Features, Oscilloscope Laboratories and Shout Factory, along with movies from Hollywood's major movie studios, including Lionsgate, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), Paramount, Sony, Universal and Warner Bros.
Subscriptions to FilmStruck are available in three different pricing tiers:
- FilmStruck - $6.99/month - offering hundreds of constantly refreshed, hard-to-find and critically acclaimed arthouse, foreign and cult films, plus TCM Select, an exclusive rotating collection of the most iconic movies from the Golden Age of Hollywood, supplemented with hosted introductions, rare archival TCM content and bonus materials
- FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel - $10.99/month - offering everything in the FilmStruck subscription plus unlimited access to Criterion's entire streaming library of films and special features, along with channel-exclusive original programming such as filmmaker profiles, master classes, and curated series by celebrated guests from the film world and beyond
- Annual Subscription - $99/year for FilmStruck + The Criterion Channel (a $30 annual savings)
FilmStruck is available to stream on Roku, Google Chromecast, Apple TV 4th generation devices, Amazon Fire TV, web, iOS and Android devices. FilmStruck can be accessed via the Apple App store, as well as online and via Google Play for Android users.
For more information on FilmStruck, please visit www.filmstruck.com.
For additional information including product images, videos and host bios, please visit pressroom.turner.com/filmstruck.
FilmStruck is Turner's subscription on-demand service that offers film aficionados a comprehensive and constantly refreshed library of films including an eclectic mix of contemporary arthouse, indie, foreign, cult and classic Hollywood films. FilmStruck is the exclusive streaming home to the Warner Bros. classic film library and the Criterion Collection. FilmStruck was developed by Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and is managed by TCM in partnership with Warner Bros. and the Criterion Collection.
Turner, a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, sports, animation and young adult multi-platform content for consumers around the world. Turner brands and businesses include CNN/U.S., HLN, CNN International and CNN.com, TBS, TNT, TCM, truTV, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Adult Swim, Turner Sports, Bleacher Report, FilmStruck, Super Deluxe, iStreamPlanet and ELEAGUE.
ABOUT WARNER BROS. DIGITAL NETWORKS
Founded in 2016, Warner Bros. Digital Networks is the fast-paced, growing team responsible for building and operating the Studio's digital entertainment offerings, producing digital native content and harnessing the power of social media through Machinima. WBDN's current direct-to-consumer-centric portfolio includes Boomerang (a partnership with Turner), DramaFever, FilmStruck (a partnership with Turner), Machinima, Stage 13, Uninterrupted (a partnership with LeBron James), Ellen Digital Ventures (a partnership with Ellen DeGeneres) and a DC-branded digital service debuting in 2018. Warner Bros. Digital Networks' premium programming and digital offerings put fans at the center of entertainment, sports, gaming and pop culture, reaching audiences anywhere, across any platform.
Rachelle Savoia - Turner Communications
Kendel White - TCM and FilmStruck
Matthew Gardea - Warner Bros. Digital Networks