NBA Digital’s Coverage of The NBA Finals to Feature Expanded On-Site Programming Including 90-Minute Live At the Finals Pregame Show
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Analysts Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, Shaquille O’Neal, Grant Hill, Isiah Thomas, Steve Smith, Dennis Scott & Brent Barry to Headline Studio Coverage
NBA Finals Film Room Returns to Break Down Every Key Moment from Each Finals Game
NBA Digital will provide comprehensive, multi-screen coverage of The Finals 2016 including expanded NBA TV live original programming throughout the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers series. Along with NBA TV, fans will have access to the latest news, video highlights and social media integration via NBA.com and the league’s signature NBA App.
NBA TV’s 17th consecutive year of coverage will feature Live At The Finals with expanded 90-minute live pregame episodes followed by live postgame shows on game days. The network’s signature NBA GameTime studio show on non-game days will provide in-depth coverage originating from both game sites.
The shows will showcase analysis from a marquee collection of former players, including Charles Barkley, Shaquille O’Neal, Kenny Smith, Grant Hill, Isiah Thomas, Steve Smith, Dennis Scott and Brent Barry. The network will have two sets on site – one inside the arena (hosted by Matt Winer) and an additional outdoor location new for 2016, hosted by Jared Greenberg or Vince Cellini.
NBA TV’s Live At The Finals analyst schedule:
Game 1 - Shaquille O’Neal, Kenny Smith and Isiah Thomas
Game 2 - O’Neal, Smith and Grant Hill
Games 3 & 4 - Charles Barkley, Hill and Steve Smith
Games 5-7 (if nec.) - Hill, Thomas and Steve Smith
Additionally, Cellini will anchor post-game news conferences for Games 1, 2, 5 and 6, while Greenberg will handle duties for Games 3, 4 and 7. Dennis Scott (Games 1-7) will provide analysis with Steve Smith (Game 1), Isiah Thomas (Game 2) and Brent Barry (Games 3-7). Kristen Ledlow (Cleveland Cavaliers), David Aldridge and Greenberg (Golden State Warriors) will also report throughout the series.
NBA Finals Film Room, featuring former coaches and players breaking down in-game strategies, play calls, trends and game action in real time as they watch every game, will return for the second straight NBA Finals. The two-hour episodes will premiere at 9 p.m. ET on the day following each Finals game. NBA coaching veteran and TNT analyst Mike Fratello and host Rick Kamla will be joined by analysts Greg Anthony and Derek Fisher (Games 1-2); Vinny Del Negro and Danny Granger (Games 3-4); and Stu Jackson and Sam Mitchell (Games 5-7, if necessary).
On Saturday, June 4, at 8 p.m., the network will air what many consider the greatest game ever played with NBA Finals 40th Anniversary: Suns/Celtics Triple OT. The two-hour game telecast of the Boston Celtics’ 128-126 win over the Phoenix Suns in the pivotal Game 5 of the 1976 Finals will also feature new interviews with the game broadcast crew of Brent Musburger and Hall of Famer Rick Barry. The show will air on the 40th anniversary of the day the game was played.
After Dark with Rick Fox presented by Jeep returns with a new episode on NBA TV on Thursday, June 9 at 11 p.m. Hosted by NBA TV analyst Rick Fox, the NBA Finals-themed shows will include a wide range of sports, entertainment and lifestyle personalities. Recent guests this season have included actor Mike Epps, music mogul Scooter Braun, actor/director William H. Macy, actor Hudson Yang and Olympic gold medalist Allyson Felix.
NBA Digital’s content highlights for The Finals will also include:
- NBA Inside Stuff presented by Samsung – co-hosted by Hill and Ledlow – will air two new episodes on Saturday, June 4, and Saturday, June 11 (both at 6:30 p.m.), with behind-the-scenes coverage from The Finals.
- The Starters will feature new episodes at 6:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, and will have an on-site presence with Leigh Ellis and Trey Kerby alternately contributing live daily updates from both cities. Special weekend episodes will air at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 5, and Sunday, June 19, if a Game 7 is necessary.
- Sounds of the Playoffs – The show that takes viewers courtside and into the huddles with an all-access pass to the NBA Playoffs will air tonight at 6 p.m. An episode of Sounds of the Finals will also air at a later date.
- NBA GameTime: Finals Preview – A one-hour full preview of this year’s NBA Finals matchup will premiere tonight at 8 p.m.
NBA App & NBA.com
- NBA App sponsored by Gatorade – During The Finals, users can follow all the action through the NBA App available on iOS and Android. The NBA App will provide live scoring, game alerts, live news conferences, postgame analysis and more.
- Finals Hub – NBA.com will produce a series hub to serve as the home for all 2016 NBA Finals content. The page – available via NBA.com and the NBA app – will be comprised of highlights, video box scores, series stats, game stories and analysis, along with a collective of the latest social media buzz.
- Live Streaming News Conferences presented by Cisco – The site will present live streaming video for every postgame news conference as well as live off-day news conferences during The Finals. Additionally, this video content will be available via the NBA App.
- NBA Pulse presented by State Farm – Featured on NBA.com, NBA Pulse highlights player news, videos and photos by leveraging the power of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Pulse keeps a beat on the NBA conversation, all in one destination with player social ranking and stats, fan sentiment, global trending topic heat map and social timeline.
- Top Finals Moments presented by Harman: Featured on NBA.com and the NBA App, fans can relive some of the top moments in NBA Finals history with a look back at some truly memorable plays spanning more than 50 years. Each of these historic video vignettes will highlight commentary from former players as well as NBA TV studio talent.
NBA TV is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, the NBA App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.