NBA Digital to Present All 67 Games from Samsung NBA Summer League 2015 Along with Comprehensive Slate of Original Programming
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
NBA TV’s Original Programming Lineup to Include Special Episode of Open Court Featuring Roundtable with NBA Coaches, Nightly Airings of The Starters from Las Vegas & Return of After Dark with Rick Fox presented by Jeep
NBA Digital’s extensive presentation of Samsung NBA Summer League 2015 – the first opportunity to see many of the league’s top rookies in action – will present live game coverage from Las Vegas, July 10-20, along with original programming on NBA TV including a special Open Court episode featuring current NBA coaches, nightly editions of The Starters and the return of the sports and entertainment series After Dark with Rick Fox presented by Jeep.
NBA TV’s 67-game schedule will tip off Friday, July 10, from the Thomas & Mack Center and Cox Pavilion, with 37 live game telecasts during the 11-day summer showcase. Additionally, fans can catch every game with the NBA Summer League Live subscription package via NBA.com and the NBA Game Time app. Teams will compete in three preliminary round games from July 10-14 before being seeded in a tournament that runs through the Championship Game on July 20.
On Friday, July 10, Samsung NBA Summer League 2015 action will be highlighted by the top two picks from this year’s NBA Draft – Karl-Anthony Towns and D’Angelo Russell – expected to meet as the Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers tip off at 8:30 p.m. ET. The day’s coverage from Las Vegas will start at 6:30 p.m. with the Sacramento Kings and first round pick Willie Cauley-Stein against the Toronto Raptors. The Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers conclude the opening day at 10:30 p.m.
NBA TV’s deep roster of commentators will include analysts Reggie Miller, Dennis Scott, Steve Smith, Isiah Thomas, Brent Barry, Rick Fox, Seth Davis, Mateen Cleaves, Doug Gottlieb and Derek Harper; play-by-play announcers Matt Winer, Rick Kamla, Vince Cellini, Kevin Calabro, Spero Dedes, Joel Meyers, Matt Devlin and Chad Andrus; and reporters Jared Greenberg, Kristen Ledlow, Dana Jacobson, Allie LaForce, Jen Hale, LaChina Robinson and Ros Gold-Onwude. Additionally, David Aldridge, and the NBA.com Hang Time podcast trio of Sekou Smith, Fox and Lang Whitaker will call select games.
The network’s critically acclaimed NBA roundtable show, Open Court, will showcase a distinct cast of six current head coaches, each representing a team participating in Samsung NBA Summer League 2015. Premiering Monday, July 20, at 8 p.m., the hour-long Open Court: Coaches Edition special will feature a unique perspective as the panel of NBA coaches discuss how the game has changed the past 10 years, their inspiration for coaching, reflections on some of their favorite stories as a coach, among other topics. The participating coaches will be announced at a later date.
The Starters, NBA TV’s collective of fan-focused voices, will follow the last game of each night with a 30-minute episode from Las Vegas. Co-hosts J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas, and contributors Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis, will offer nightly highlights and news, along with interviews with players and coaches around Samsung NBA Summer League 2015.
Additionally, the network’s coverage will include the return of After Dark with Rick Fox presented by Jeep with shows airing on Friday, July 10, at 1 a.m.; Saturday, July 18, at 1 a.m.; and Sunday, July 19 at 11 p.m. The late night entertainment show will highlight the culture of Las Vegas mixed with NBA personalities, celebrity guests and behind-the-scenes Summer League content.
NBA.com, NBA Mobile and social media highlights will include:
- NBA Pulse – keeping a beat on fan sentiment as the league’s newest players make their mark in Summer League action. Fans can also view real-time tweets, trending stats and up-to-the-minute content with NBA Pulse’s player visualization.
- Summer League Hub, presented by Samsung – daily updates, game trackers, video recaps, schedules, stats, bracket pages and NBA style content.
- NBA Game Time – the league’s signature mobile app providing live scoring, live video, player profiles, game alerts and more. The app will also include a premium option allowing fans to directly access NBA Summer League Live.
- Snapchat – launching in time for Summer League with behind-the-scenes access and content from NBA TV commentators as well as players, coaches and personnel in Las Vegas.
- Seat 140 – with guests (including select rookies) live tweeting and answering fan questions during game action from Las Vegas. The tweets will be integrated into NBA TV live game telecasts.
- :06 on the Clock – a Vine series with quick hitting questions with players, including top rookies, on site.
- In My Words – featuring handwritten surveys filled out by rookies at Samsung NBA Summer League 2015.
- All-Access – behind-the-scenes content surrounding live game action and studio shows including quotes, pictures, interviews and signed selfies and GIFs with commentators and other guests.
Tony Morreale, Turner Sports 404-575-7401 email@example.com
Audrey Brees, Turner Sports 404-885-4098 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Wade, NBA 212-407-8690 email@example.com