NBA Digital to Present Weeklong Coverage of 2016 NBA Draft Presented by State Farm®
Monday, June 20, 2016
NBA TV’s Live & Original Programming to Feature All-New NBA TV Draft HQ 2016,
NBA Rooks: Class of 2016, NBA TV’s Mock Draft 2016, 2016 NBA Draft Preview & More
NBA Digital will provide extensive multi-screen coverage leading up to and following 2016 NBA Draft presented by State Farm at Barclays Center in Brooklyn on Thursday, June 23. NBA TV’s live and original programming – also featured across NBA.com and the NBA App – will provide in-depth content offerings with expert analysis and behind-the-scenes access as well as close looks at the top prospects for the upcoming draft.
Perspective from Top Prospects and Teams on the All-New NBA TV Draft HQ 2016
The revamped NBA TV Draft HQ 2016 will feature interviews and game breakdowns with five standout prospects – LSU’s Ben Simmons, Duke’s Brandon Ingram, Oklahoma’s Buddy Hield, Cal’s Jaylen Brown and Michigan State’s Denzel Valentine – on Tuesday, June 21, at 9 p.m. ET. The show will also explore how teams make their draft selections. Vince Cellini will host, with analysis provided by Mike Fratello, Stu Jackson and Ronny Thompson.
All-Access to Expected High Picks
NBA Rooks: Class of 2016 will provide an up-close look at some of the draft’s top prospects – including in-depth profiles and workout videos of Simmons, Ingram and others – on Tuesday, June 21, at 7:30 p.m. The show will also feature a special 20-year retrospective of the 1996 NBA Draft that featured Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Steve Nash and Ray Allen.
Mock Draft with the Experts
Mock Draft 2016 will simulate the first round complete with analysis of each proposed selection by Seth Davis, Jackson and David Aldridge, hosted by Cellini on Wednesday, June 22, at 9 p.m.
Live Draft Day Coverage Featuring Draft Preview, On-Site Reporting and Review
Live draft day coverage will begin with the special 2016 NBA Draft Preview show highlighting the draft’s top prospects, breaking news and topics, hosted by Matt Winer with analysts Steve Smith, University of Alabama head coach Avery Johnson, Davis, Aldridge and Jackson on Thursday, June 23, at 5 p.m. Jared Greenberg will be on site at Barclays Center to interview draft prospects as they arrive, while Clark Kellogg and Cellini will also provide instant analysis. Following the draft, 2016 NBA Draft Review will recap the draft with news, information and analysis starting at midnight.
Eastern and Western Conference Draft Reviews
Smith and Kellogg will provide analysis for both shows – with Kristen Ledlow hosting the Eastern Conference review, followed by Winer hosting the Western Conference review – Friday, June 24, starting at 8 p.m.
The Starters Review the Draft and Preview Free Agency
J.E. Skeets, Tas Melas, Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis will break down the picks and look ahead to free agency on Friday, June 24, at 7 p.m. The Starters will also have an all-new episode to begin the week, tonight, June 20, at 6:30 p.m.
NBA.com and the NBA App will also feature extensive coverage including an NBA Draft Hub page serving as the central location for all the news and information associated with this year’s draft and a wide array of content. The NBA App presented by Gatorade will deliver the latest news leading up to and throughout the NBA Draft, with video, interviews, analysis, alerts and more.
NBA.com highlights will include:
- NBA Draft Senti-meter, presented by State Farm will capture real-time fan sentiment via social media on NBA.com’s draft board. Fans can view the tweets, social trending stats and content driving the social trends with NBA Pulse’s player visualization on the site.
- Prospect Profiles, presented by BBVA Compass will take an in-depth look at the top players in the draft with each watching video of themselves as they analyze their own game and traits.
- Draft Hub, presented by Autotrader, Budweiser, JCPenney and Gatorade will return to NBA.com with complete NBA Draft night coverage including news, live pick-by-pick analysis, overviews of all 30 NBA teams and a trade tracker.
- Draft Tracker, providing live pick-by-pick analysis, along with “best available player” tracking throughout the NBA Draft.
The @NBATV Twitter handle and NBA TV’s social accounts will host numerous original features and new content throughout Draft Week, including:
- Facebook Live will be the destination for interviews with draft prospects on their way to the draft. Fans will be able to hear from the expected draftees as they head to Barclays Center on the bus, with interviews conducted by Greenberg. Facebook Live will also host instant lottery analysis from NBA TV talent from the Atlanta studio and social room.
- “The Journey” surveys will feature prospects chronicling their path to the NBA Draft, in their own words and handwriting.
- Original features will be released leading up the Draft to get to know the prospects and hear their thoughts as they head into this life-changing event.
- Talent draft memories will be provided by NBA TV’s analysts, who remember their own draft night experiences.
- Live coverage will post throughout draft night, including custom graphics, analyst quotes, real-time production elements and recaps.
About NBA TV
NBA TV is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, the NBA App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.