NBA Digital to Provide Comprehensive Coverage of 2015 NBA Playoffs With More Than 1,500 Hours of Programming Across NBA TV, NBA.com & NBA Mobile
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
NBA Playoff Preview Coverage Tips Off Thursday, April 16, with The Starters at 6 p.m.,
Followed by NBA Eastern and Western Conference Preview Shows Starting at 7 p.m.
NBA Digital will be the home of the most expansive NBA playoff coverage across multiple screens including up to nine originally produced games on NBA TV, part of the network’s more than 1,500 hours of programming throughout the playoffs. NBA.com will provide comprehensive content offerings including playoff series hub pages and expansive social integration, and NBA Mobile will feature all of the latest news and information via the league’s signature NBA Game Time app.
The week leading up to the playoffs will feature a new episode of the network’s critically acclaimed Open Court series on Friday, April 17, at 10 p.m. ET, with a cast of basketball greats discussing some of the most famous clutch shots in playoff history. The panel, hosted by Matt Winer, will feature a collection of TNT and NBA TV analysts including Hall of Famer Isiah Thomas, Grant Hill, Dennis Scott and Steve Smith, along with special guest and Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins.
Earlier that Friday evening at 7 p.m., NBA TV will present One-on-One with Ahmad Rashad featuring interviews with three of this year’s top performers – Stephen Curry, James Harden and Russell Westbrook – as the three All-Stars reflect on their MVP-caliber seasons and look ahead to the playoffs.
NBA TV will also highlight all 16 playoff teams with its Eastern and Western Conference preview shows back-to-back on Thursday, April 16, starting at 7 p.m. Additionally, The Starters – NBA Digital’s fan-focused voices with a unique and unconventional take on the game – will start off the evening on NBA TV with a special playoff preview episode, co-hosted by J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas, at 6 p.m.
NBA TV’s The Association: Road to the Playoffs, presented by Crown Royal – premiering Thursday, April 16, at 5 p.m. – will take an all-access look back at this season’s road to the playoffs, and preview what’s ahead for the Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Golden State Warriors, Houston Rockets, Memphis Grizzlies and Portland Trail Blazers.
The league’s signature studio show, NBA GameTime, will provide comprehensive nightly coverage, including insight and commentary throughout the week as the playoff picture comes into focus. With 28 teams taking the floor on the final night of the regular season, Wednesday, April 15, NBA GameTime will offer complete coverage from around the league including live look-ins, player interviews and a first look at the playoff schedule.
Beginning with first round games on Saturday, studio coverage throughout the playoffs will be anchored by Winer, Rick Kamla and Vince Cellini and a deep roster of analysts including Rick Fox, Hill, Scott and Thomas, among others. The network will also feature NBA GameTime each night throughout the playoffs with highlights, analysis, player interviews and live press conference coverage. Additionally, NBA TV will televise Playoff Playback presented by Kumho Tire, 60-minute versions of each playoff game.
Additional NBA TV highlights:
- The Starters – A collective of fan-focused voices with a unique and unconventional take on the game, will produce original daily content across all screens throughout the NBA playoffs, along with their popular weekly podcast, “The Drop.” Co-hosts J.E. Skeets and Tas Melas, along with contributors Trey Kerby and Leigh Ellis, will start off with a special playoff preview episode Thursday, April 16, at 6 p.m. on NBA TV, along with their weekday show throughout the playoffs at 5:30 p.m.
- NBA Inside Stuff presented by Samsung Galaxy – The sports and entertainment all-access show will continue each Saturday at noon throughout the playoffs. Co-hosted by former NBA All-Star Grant Hill and Kristen Ledlow, the show combines behind-the-scenes access and interviews with the league’s biggest stars with today’s leading musical artists and all-new versions of “Jam Session” and “Rewind.”
The site will become playoffs central with series breakdowns, live video coverage, highlights, scores, stats, press conferences and more. Highlights include:
- Playoff Series Hubs – For every series, the Playoff Series Hubs will include video highlights, box scores, series stats and game stories, along with social media presentations for desktop and mobile web.
- Live Postgame News Conferences presented by Cisco – From the first round through the NBA Finals, NBA.com will present live postgame press conferences after every game, across all platforms.
- NBA Second Screen – A narrated real-time stream of curated content featuring social posts, embedded video highlights, game action photos, stats and editorial commentary that will provide fans a unique insider view to NBA playoff games. The stream will be available via NBA.com and the NBA Game Time app for all playoff and Finals games.
- Drive to the Finals Fantasy Game presented by Autotrader – Daily throughout the first three rounds of the NBA playoffs, fans will be able to select one player via NBA.com that they think will be a top performer for the chance to win a variety of prizes.
- Fan Duel Daily Fantasy Game – Free to all fans on NBA.com and FanDuel.com, the official one-day fantasy basketball game of the NBA allows fans in the U.S. to draft their own fantasy NBA team based on teams playing that day and compete against others for daily NBA prizes.
- TNT Overtime – Fans can watch enhanced coverage for up to 30 playoff games – more than ever before – with exclusive content and analysis from TNT commentators via TNT Overtime on NBA.com. The unique companion experience allows fans to watch the game via four alternate camera angles including slow motion replays. The product also provides an opportunity for fans to interact in real-time with an NBA expert and other fans via Twitter, receive enhanced stats and vote on the outcome of each playoff game. TNT Overtime will be co-sponsored by Sprite and Nissan during the first round, with Sprite continuing its sponsorship throughout the NBA playoffs.
- Smitty’s Mt. Rushmore – NBA.com’s meme generator – inspired by Steve Smith’s interview with LeBron James where the four-time MVP picked his foursome of all-time greats – will expand for the playoffs with a series of additional topics, in addition to allowing fans to choose their “greatest of all time.” Upcoming new themes include Best International Players, Most Stylish and Most Clutch. Once selected, users can name their mountain and then share across Facebook and Twitter.
- NBA Playoffs Pulse – Featured on the NBA.com home page with a mosaic layout, NBA Playoffs Pulse will present updates, news, video and photos throughout the playoffs. Leveraging the power of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, Pulse keeps a beat on the NBA playoffs conversation - all in one destination. Modules include a “Trendicator” displaying in real-time the leading players across social, Player Dashboard content feeds, a global trending map, and interactive match-up hubs which capture photos and social for each series.
- #NBAPlayoffs Spotlight – #NBAPlayoffs Spotlight, presented by Crown Royal and Croc, will continuously keep fans up to speed on the latest tweets, photos and other social engagement by NBA players, teams and the conversations surrounding the playoffs.
- Highlights – Specialty highlights, including Top Plays, Dunks and Assists, will be featured throughout the playoffs.
- NBA Challenge – The NBA’s real-time predictive gaming experience will allow fans to interact during each playoff game.
- NBA Style presented by Samsung Galaxy – Devoted to NBA style, the NBA.com microsite will feature enhanced content focused on the hottest off-court fashion including interviews, photos, and more, along with social engagement.
- Social Channels – Fans can stay engaged with NBA.com and its latest updates and content throughout the playoffs via @NBAcom on Twitter and NBA.com’s Facebook page.
- NBA Game Time – During the playoffs, users can follow all the action through NBA Digital’s mobile app available on iOS and Android including integration of TNT Overtime, Watch TNT and in-market streaming links to local broadcasts during the first round. Further, NBA Game Time will provide a bracket view, series dashboards, live scoring, game alerts, news and more. Autotrader and Bank of America will sponsor the app during the playoffs.
- Series Hubs – Linked to and from the series brackets, each mobile-optimized series hub will feature series-specific video, playoff headlines, game schedules and the latest Twitter activity for both teams. Series Hubs will be co-sponsored by SAP and Bud Light Mixxtail during the first round, with SAP continuing throughout the playoffs.
- NBA.com Mobile Web – Fans will have access to NBA.com content through their mobile devices with postseason stats, scores and standings, video series trackers and the playoffs series hub.
About NBA TV
NBA TV is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Tony Morreale, Turner Sports 404-575-7401 email@example.com
Audrey Brees, Turner Sports 404-885-4098 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mike Wade, NBA 212-407-8690 email@example.com