NBA TV to Televise 97 Games During 2014-15 Regular Season with Multiple Appearances by the Spurs, Cavaliers, Thunder, Bulls, Clippers, Lakers, Heat, Rockets and Warriors
Wednesday, August 13, 2014
NBA TV will televise 97 live games during the 2014-15 regular season with the league’s biggest stars and top teams in action including up to nine appearances by the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs and Tim Duncan, the Cleveland Cavaliers and four-time league MVP LeBron James, the Oklahoma City Thunder and 2014 NBA MVP award winner Kevin Durant, the Chicago Bulls and Derrick Rose, the Los Angeles Clippers and Chris Paul, the L.A. Lakers and 16-time NBA All-Star Kobe Bryant, the Miami Heat and Dwyane Wade, the Houston Rockets and Dwight Howard and the Golden State Warriors and Stephen Curry.
The network will tip off its regular season coverage with a doubleheader on Saturday, Nov. 1, when the Bulls and Rose visit the Minnesota Timberwolves and Ricky Rubio at 8 p.m. ET. The second half of the doubleheader will feature the Lakers and Bryant visiting the Warriors and Curry at 10:30 p.m. NBA TV’s opening week live game action will also showcase the New York Knicks and Carmelo Anthony hosting the Charlotte Hornets and Al Jefferson on Sunday, Nov. 2, at 7:30 p.m.
Additionally, the network’s popular NBA TV Fan Night presented by Sprint will return for its sixth consecutive season with its first of 16 games on Tuesday, Nov. 4. Fans will once again have the opportunity to vote for the matchup they most want to see each week via NBA.com, NBA.com mobile web, NBA Game Time App, as well as Facebook and Twitter voting.
NBA TV’s regular season coverage will feature special programming on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day including a live game telecast featuring the Memphis Grizzlies and Zach Randolph hosting the Dallas Mavericks and Dirk Nowitzki on Monday, Jan. 19, at 5 p.m.
NBA TV will feature 21 doubleheaders this season including six in April. Additional regular season highlights include (full schedule listed below):
- Saturday, Nov. 8 – The Spurs and Duncan, one of the best big men of all time, hosting the New Orleans Pelicans and rising star Anthony Davis.
- Monday, Nov. 10 – A doubleheader with the Atlanta Hawks and Al Horford visiting the Knicks and Anthony at 7:30 p.m., followed by the Spurs and Tony Parker visiting its conference rival Clippers and Paul at 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 16 – A match-up featuring two of the league’s premier scorers when the Thunder and Durant host the Rockets and James Harden at 7 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 17 – A doubleheader opening with the Cavaliers and James hosting the Denver Nuggets and Ty Lawson at 7 p.m., followed by the Bulls and Rose visiting the Clippers and Blake Griffin at 10:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 3 – Two of the Western Conference’s top big men in action when the Rockets and Howard host the Grizzlies and Marc Gasol at 8 p.m.
- Monday, Dec. 15 – An Eastern Conference match-up with familiar faces in new places as the Cavaliers and James host the Hornets and Lance Stephenson at 7 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 5 – A doubleheader with the Washington Wizards and John Wall visiting the Pelicans and Davis at 8 p.m., followed by the Thunder and Durant visiting the Warriors and Curry at 10:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 15 – The Knicks and Anthony facing the Milwaukee Bucks and rookie forward Jabari Parker in London as part of NBA Global Games at 3 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 9 – A match-up featuring two of the NBA’s most exciting guards when the Clippers and Paul host the Mavericks and Monta Ellis at 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, Feb. 23 – A doubleheader starting with the Toronto Raptors and DeMar DeRozan visiting the Pelicans and Davis at 8 p.m., followed by the Grizzlies and Gasol visiting the Clippers and Griffin at 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 1 – Several of the league’s biggest stars in action when the Cavaliers, led by James and Kyrie Irving, visit the Rockets and the combination of Harden and Howard at 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 1 – The final month of the regular season tipping off with a doubleheader as the Nets and Williams travel across town to play the Knicks and Anthony at 7:30 p.m., followed by a Western Conference showdown between the Clippers and Portland Trail Blazers, led by LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard, at 10 p.m.
- Friday, April 10 – A Western Conference doubleheader with the Spurs and NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard visiting Houston and Harden at 8 p.m., followed by the Timberwolves and Rubio visiting the Lakers and Bryant at 10:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 13 – The Thunder and Durant hosting the Trail Blazers and Aldridge at 8 p.m., followed by the Grizzlies and Mike Conley visiting Golden State and “Splash Brothers” Curry and Klay Thompson at 10:30 p.m.
NBA TV is coming off a record-setting 2014 NBA Playoffs, which delivered unprecedented audience growth for the network including its most-watched game coverage of all time and its two most-viewed telecasts ever. NBA TV’s seven originally produced live game telecasts averaged 720,000 total viewers to register the network’s most-viewed NBA Playoffs coverage ever and a 137% increase over the comparable playoff coverage last year. The network’s presentation of Game 6 between the Indiana Pacers and Atlanta Hawks on Thursday, April 29, produced NBA TV’s most-viewed telecast ever with an average of 1,071,000 total viewers.
Additionally, during the 2013-14 NBA regular season, the NBA TV Fan Night presented by Sprint telecast featuring the Heat and Pacers on December 10 netted the network’s most viewed regular season telecast ever with an average of 920,000 total viewers.
2014-15 NBA TV Regular Season Schedule
(All Times Eastern)
Saturday, Nov. 1 8 p.m. Chicago Bulls at Minnesota Timberwolves
10:30 p.m. L.A. Lakers at Golden State Warriors
Sunday, Nov. 2 7:30 p.m. Charlotte Hornets at New York Knicks
Tuesday, Nov. 4 NBA TV Fan Night **
Saturday, Nov. 8 8:30 p.m. New Orleans Pelicans at San Antonio Spurs
Sunday, Nov. 9 7:30 p.m. Miami Heat at Dallas Mavericks
Monday, Nov. 10 7:30 p.m. Atlanta Hawks at New York Knicks
10:30 p.m. San Antonio Spurs at L.A. Clippers
Tuesday, Nov. 11 NBA TV Fan Night **
Friday, Nov. 14 7 p.m. Denver Nuggets at Indiana Pacers
Saturday, Nov. 15 10 p.m. Brooklyn Nets at Portland Trail Blazers
Sunday, Nov. 16 7 p.m. Houston Rockets at Oklahoma City Thunder
Monday, Nov. 17 7 p.m. Denver Nuggets at Cleveland Cavaliers
10:30 p.m. Chicago Bulls at L.A. Clippers
Tuesday, Nov. 18 NBA TV Fan Night
Saturday, Nov. 22 9 p.m. New Orleans Pelicans at Utah Jazz
Sunday, Nov. 23 7 p.m. Golden State Warriors at Oklahoma City Thunder
Tuesday, Nov. 25 NBA TV Fan Night
Wednesday, Nov. 26 10:30 p.m. Memphis Grizzles at L.A. Lakers
Friday, Nov. 28 8 p.m. L.A. Clippers at Houston Rockets
Saturday, Nov. 29 7 p.m. Dallas Mavericks at Philadelphia 76ers
Tuesday, Dec. 2 NBA TV Fan Night
Wednesday, Dec. 3 8 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies at Houston Rockets
Friday, Dec. 5 7 p.m. Denver Nuggets at Washington Wizards
10 p.m. Indiana Pacers at Sacramento Kings
Monday, Dec. 8 7:30 p.m. Denver Nuggets at Toronto Raptors
Tuesday, Dec. 9 NBA TV Fan Night
Saturday, Dec. 13 10 p.m. Detroit Pistons at Sacramento Kings
Monday, Dec. 15 7 p.m. Charlotte Hornets at Cleveland Cavaliers
Sunday, Dec. 21 6 p.m. Philadelphia 76ers at Orlando Magic
Tuesday, Dec. 23 NBA TV Fan Night
Friday, Dec. 26 8 p.m. Charlotte Hornets at Oklahoma City Thunder
Saturday, Dec. 27 7:30 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies at Miami Heat
10 p.m. New York Knicks at Sacramento Kings
Monday, Dec. 29 7 p.m. Milwaukee Bucks at Charlotte Hornets
Tuesday, Dec. 30 NBA TV Fan Night
Friday, Jan. 2 7 p.m. Brooklyn Nets at Orlando Magic
Sunday, Jan. 4 9:30 p.m. Indiana Pacers at L.A. Lakers
Monday, Jan. 5 8 p.m. Washington Wizards at New Orleans Pelicans
10:30 p.m. Oklahoma City Thunder at Golden State Warriors
Tuesday, Jan. 6 NBA TV Fan Night
Monday, Jan. 12 7:30 p.m. New Orleans Pelicans at Boston Celtics
Tuesday, Jan. 13 NBA TV Fan Night
Thursday, Jan. 15 3 p.m. New York Knicks vs. Milwaukee Bucks *
Saturday, Jan. 17 8 p.m. Golden State Warriors at Houston Rockets
Monday, Jan. 19 5 p.m. Dallas Mavericks at Memphis Grizzlies
Tuesday, Jan. 20 NBA TV Fan Night
Saturday, Jan. 24 7 p.m. New York Knicks at Charlotte Hornets
10 p.m. Washington Wizards at Portland Trail Blazers
Sunday, Jan. 25 8 p.m. Washington Wizards at Denver Nuggets
Monday, Jan. 26 7:30 p.m. Portland Trail Blazers at Brooklyn Nets
Tuesday, Jan. 27 NBA TV Fan Night **
Monday, Feb. 2 8 p.m. Atlanta Hawks at New Orleans Pelicans
Tuesday, Feb. 3 NBA TV Fan Night **
Saturday, Feb. 7 7 p.m. Chicago Bulls at New Orleans Pelicans
Sunday, Feb. 8 7 p.m. San Antonio Spurs at Toronto Raptors
Monday, Feb. 9 8:30 p.m. L.A. Clippers at Dallas Mavericks
Saturday, Feb. 21 8 p.m. Phoenix Suns at Chicago Bulls
Sunday, Feb. 22 7 p.m. Denver Nuggets at Oklahoma City Thunder
9:30 p.m. Boston Celtics at L.A. Lakers
Monday, Feb. 23 8 p.m. Toronto Raptors at New Orleans Pelicans
10:30 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies at L.A. Clippers
Tuesday, Feb. 24 NBA TV Fan Night
Saturday, Feb. 28 9 p.m. San Antonio Spurs at Phoenix Suns
Sunday, March 1 7 p.m. Cleveland Cavaliers at Houston Rockets
Monday, March 2 7:30 p.m. Phoenix Suns at Miami Heat
Tuesday, March 3 NBA TV Fan Night
Saturday, March 7 7:30 p.m. Phoenix Suns at Cleveland Cavaliers
Sunday, March 8 6 p.m. Utah Jazz at Brooklyn Nets
9:30 p.m. Dallas Mavericks at L.A. Lakers
Monday, March 9 8 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies at Chicago Bulls
Tuesday, March 10 NBA TV Fan Night
Friday, March 13 8:30 p.m. L.A. Clippers at Dallas Mavericks
Saturday, March 14 7 p.m. Sacramento Kings at Washington Wizards
Sunday, March 15 9 p.m. New York Knicks at Phoenix Suns
Tuesday, March 17 NBA TV Fan Night
Monday, March 23 7:30 p.m. Boston Celtics at Brooklyn Nets
Saturday, March 28 10 p.m. Denver Nuggets at Portland Trail Blazers
Sunday, March 29 9 p.m. Oklahoma City Thunder at Phoenix Suns
Monday, March 30 7:30 p.m. Houston Rockets at Toronto Raptors
10 p.m. Phoenix Suns at Portland Trail Blazers
Wednesday, April 1 7:30 p.m. Brooklyn Nets at New York Knicks
10 p.m. L.A. Clippers at Portland Trail Blazers
Sunday, April 5 7 p.m. Golden State Warriors at San Antonio Spurs
9:30 p.m. L.A. Clippers at L.A. Lakers
Friday, April 10 8 p.m. San Antonio Spurs at Houston Rockets
10:30 p.m. Minnesota Timberwolves at L.A. Lakers
Saturday, April 11 7:30 p.m. Toronto Raptors at Miami Heat
10:30 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies at L.A. Clippers
Sunday, April 12 7 p.m. New Orleans Pelicans at Houston Rockets
9:30 p.m. Dallas Mavericks at L.A. Lakers
Monday, April 13 8 p.m. Portland Trail Blazers at Oklahoma City Thunder
10:30 p.m. Memphis Grizzlies at Golden State Warriors
* - Game to be played at O2 Arena, London, England
** - Denotes Fan Night Doubleheader