NCAA March Madness Live to Present All 67 Games of the 2015 NCAA Division I Mens Basketball Championship Across Digital Platforms
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Newly Redesigned App to be Available via Amazon App Store, Apple App Store,
Google Play, Windows Store & More
Robust TV Everywhere Offering Provides Fans With Exclusive Live Video Streaming Through Entire Tournament
NCAA March Madness Live will be the place basketball fans everywhere turn as the ultimate digital destination for all 67 games of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship. Completely redesigned for this year’s NCAA Tournament, the NCAA March Madness Live app – developed in partnership with the NCAA, Turner Sports and CBS Sports – will feature a sleeker design, improved navigation, an all-new GameCenter experience, a new “run” game and new sections focused on providing fans with more content than ever before. From Selection Sunday to the cutting of the nets in Indianapolis, fans will be able to watch all of the action via March Madness Live accessible from www.ncaa.com/marchmadness, www.CBSSports.com, www.bleacherreport.com, CBS Sports App, Bleacher Report’s Team Stream, the App Store, the Amazon App Store, Windows Store and Google Play on Thursday, March 12.
As part of the industry-wide TV Everywhere initiative, pay-tv subscribers will have unlimited live streaming coverage and on-the-go access to the tournament across all screens, including online, mobile and tablets, throughout the entire championship. Fans will have access to all games airing live on TNT, TBS and truTV by logging in with their TV service provider information, and all games broadcast on CBS with no registration required. NCAA March Madness Live will offer a temporary preview period giving users access to live game streaming before login is required. Additionally, fans can watch games via live streaming on TNT, TBS and truTV’s digital platforms, as well as participating TV provider websites.
New for the 2015 NCAA March Madness Live:
· “Teams” Section – The new teams section allows fans to follow their favorite team throughout the tournament with stats, video content, a season recap/snapshot, team roster and information outlining upcoming tournament match-ups.
· “Featured” Section – For the first time, fans will be able to view content that captures the storylines, classic tournament moments, match-up analysis, top plays, press conference coverage, featured video content and more.
· GameCenter – The epicenter of NCAA March Madness Live has been reengineered to give fans more ways to watch live games on smartphones - allowing video viewing in both portrait and landscape orientations. In addition, companion content on smartphones and tablets, such as team and player stats and social content from the Coke Zero NCAA March Madness Social Arena, is more dynamic and more discoverable than ever before.
· Capital One NCAA® Tournament Run – A new game available at ncaa.com/tournamentrun that allows fans to stay competitive in the tournament after a busted bracket. To play, users must answer questions about each game match-up throughout the tournament to accumulate points and create the longest “run.”
· Capital One NCAA March Madness Bracket Challenge – This year, the official bracket game of March Madness – available via desktop, smartphones and tablets – is upgrading with new game features and more tools to help fans make their bracket picks. In addition, this is the only bracket game to integrate access to the live video stream of every match-up during the tournament.
Additional NCAA March Madness Live content will include “excitement” alerts for big moments throughout the tournament, as well as fan-favorite features including live game scoring, the official bracket, real-time game alerts for their favorite school, the Coke Zero NCAA March Madness Social Arena, the Boss Button presented by Buick and personal channel lineup features. Fans will also have direct access to live radio broadcasts, courtesy of Westwood One, for all 67 games across the collection of digital products.
For the NCAA Final Four® national semifinals on April 4 from Indianapolis, NCAA March Madness Live will provide three distinct live video streams of both games to provide unprecedented viewing options for fans – live streaming of the traditional game coverage provided on TBS, along with streams of the team-specific presentations offered via TNT and truTV. The national championship game will be broadcast Monday, April 6, on CBS.
NCAA March Madness Live Sponsors
Co-presenting sponsors for NCAA March Madness Live are NCAA Corporate Champions AT&T, Capital One and Coke Zero. Additionally, Buick, Capital One and Coke Zero will sponsor the NCAA March Madness Live App for iPhone and iPad, while AT&T, Capital One and Infiniti will sponsor the Android app. AT&T will also serve as presenting sponsor for the Windows app. Buick, Infiniti and LG Electronics are NCAA Corporate Partners.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic opportunities for more than 460,000 student-athletes at more than 1,000 member colleges and universities. Each year, more than 54,000 student-athletes compete in NCAA championships in Divisions I, II and III sports. Visit www.ncaa.org and www.ncaa.com for more details about the Association, its goals and members and corporate partnerships that help support programs for student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have the following elite companies as official Corporate Champions—AT&T, Capital One and Coca-Cola—and the following elite companies as official Corporate Partners—Allstate, Amazon (Kindle), Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Burger King, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe’s, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Reese’s (Hershey’s), Unilever and UPS.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and professional golf. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across broadband and mobile platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated Team Stream app, NCAA.com and the critically-acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, PGA.com and the Sports Emmy Award-winning PGA Championship LIVE, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
- 30 -
Tareia Williams Turner Sports 404-57 -9710 email@example.com
Gail Dent NCAA 317-917-6117 firstname.lastname@example.org