Shaq Week Invades NBA TV with Shaquille ONeal Featured Programming Starting Monday, Aug. 31
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
NBA TV will premiere its first-ever Shaq Week featuring a full week of programming starring Shaquille O’Neal, a four-time NBA Champion and current TNT and NBA TV analyst, beginning Monday, August 31. Programming highlights will include some of O’Neal’s top games throughout his career, as selected by the 15-time NBA All-Star, along with Shaqtin’ A Fool and Open Court episodes.
NBA TV’s Hardwood Classics will showcase more than 20 of O’Neal’s top performances, with his personal favorites airing nightly at 9 and 11 p.m. ET. Highlighted games include:
- Monday, Aug. 31 at 9 p.m. (Orlando Magic vs. Indiana Pacers, 1995 NBA Eastern Conference Finals Game 2): The Magic center scores 39 points against the Pacers on the way to his first NBA Finals appearance.
- Tuesday, Sept. 1 at 9 p.m. (Magic vs. New Jersey Nets, 1993): O’Neal’s powerful dunk against the Nets in 1993 suspends play as the backboard crashes to the floor.
- Wednesday, Sept. 2 at 11 p.m. (Los Angeles Lakers vs. Pacers, 2000 NBA Finals Game 4): O’Neal scores 36 points and hauls in 21 rebounds in the Lakers’ overtime win over the Pacers.
- Saturday, Sept. 5 at 11 p.m. (Lakers vs. Nets, 2002 NBA Finals Game 4): On his way to a third straight NBA Finals MVP, O’Neal scores 34 points in the Lakers’ series-clinching win.
Additional daily Shaq Week programming highlights include:
- Open Court: airing nightly at 6 p.m., episodes will feature O’Neal as a member of NBA TV’s critically-acclaimed roundtable show.
- NBA Home Video: a behind-the-scenes look at O’Neal’s four championship teams (2000-02 Los Angeles Lakers and 2006 Miami Heat) each night at 7 p.m.
- Shaqtin’ A Fool: back-to-back episodes of O’Neal recapping the funniest moments from around the NBA airing nightly at 8 and 8:30 p.m.
Special presentations will also include Looking Back at Shaq, Monday, Aug. 31, at 1 p.m., a review of O’Neal’s playing career, followed by Centers of the Universe: Shaq & Yao featuring O’Neal and Yao Ming’s personal reflections on past NBA matchups at 1:30 p.m.
Shaq Week Across NBA Digital
The weeklong spotlight on O’Neal will also include extensions across NBA Digital, with Shaq-driven content – including career highlights and “best-of” moments from TNT and NBA TV – featured on NBA.com/shaqweek and via social media.
About NBA TV
NBA TV is a part of NBA Digital, the NBA's extensive cross-platform portfolio of digital assets jointly-managed by the NBA and Turner Sports including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband, NBA Mobile, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Tony Morreale, Turner Sports 404-575-7401 email@example.com
Mike Wade, NBA 212-407-8690 firstname.lastname@example.org