TNT’s Exclusive 2016 NBA Western Conference Finals Coverage Delivers Network’s Most-Viewed Game 6 of All Time
Sunday, May 29, 2016
Warriors/Thunder WCF Game 6 Averages 10.8 Million Total Viewers to Win the Night Across All of Television
TNT’s Inside the NBA Garners 4.1 HH Rating for TV’s Second-Best Program of the Night
Turner’s TV Everywhere Platforms Net All-Time Records for Uniques, Video Streams & Time Spent Viewing
TNT’s exclusive presentation of 2016 NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Golden State Warriors on Saturday, May 28, averaged 10.8 million total viewers and a 6.2 U.S. HH rating, based on Nielsen Fast Nationals, to deliver the network’s most-viewed and highest-rated Conference Finals Game 6 of all time. Last night’s game telecast is the most-viewed and highest-rated NBA Playoff game across any network to date this year, and it is the highest-rated and second most-viewed NBA telecast of the season across all of television.
The Warriors/Thunder telecast – peaking with an average of 14.6 million total viewers and an 8.3 U.S. HH rating from 11:30-11:45 p.m. ET – won the night across all of television (cable and broadcast).
Additionally, TNT’s Inside the NBA garnered a 4.1 HH rating – its highest overnight rating of the season – to rank as television’s second-best program of the night, according to overnight delivery. Throughout the NBA Conference Finals, Inside the NBA continues to out-deliver all other late night talk show programming (cable and broadcast) in total viewers and all key adult and male demos.
- Turner’s TV Everywhere platforms delivered all-time records for the Warriors/Thunder Game 6 including 817,000 uniques, 1.6 million video starts and 18 million minutes of video consumption.
- Last night’s Thunder/Warriors telecast is up 33% in total viewers and 27% in U.S. HH rating when compared with 2014, the last time TNT televised the Western Conference Finals (Oklahoma City vs. San Antonio). This year’s coverage of WCF Game 6 also generated double-digit audience growth across all key demos.
- Top local markets for Saturday’s Thunder/Warriors telecast — Oklahoma City (26.1), San Francisco (22.2), Cleveland (18.0), Tulsa (13.6) and San Antonio (12.5)
- Through six games, the WCF on TNT is averaging nine million viewers and a 5.4 U.S. HH rating, up 33% and 29%, respectively, when compared with the network’s WCF coverage in 2014.
- Content published via NBA on TNT’s Facebook and Twitter accounts have generated two billion social media million impressions for this year’s NBA Playoffs to date, up 43% over last year. Turner’s accounts have netted more than 154 million video views, up 143% vs. 2015.
TNT’s exclusive coverage of the 2016 Western Conference Finals will culminate with a decisive Game 7 between the Thunder and Warriors on Monday, May 30, at 9 p.m. The network’s coverage will begin with NBA Tip-Off presented by Autotrader at 8 p.m. with host Ernie Johnson and analysts Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal.
Source: Nielsen Media Research based on Live + Same Day data stream, Fast Nationals for 05/28/16 NBA on TNT 2016 NBA Western Conference Finals compared to historical NBA Conference Finals on TNT. DMA ratings and Inside the NBA data program metered market rating provided by Arianna, compared with cable ad supported programs for 05/28/16. Online and Mobile TVE Live Stream Starts, Uniques, Minutes by Quarter Hour (rounded based on actual game time) from Omniture SiteCatalyst; Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Crowdtangle, Spredfast Intelligence.