TNT to Exclusively Present Live Coverage of NBA All-Star 2015s Marquee Events from New York, Feb. 12-15
Thursday, February 5, 2015
2015 NBA All-Star Game to Showcase League’s Top Talent – LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, John Wall, Pau Gasol & Kyle Lowry Lead the East vs. Stephen Curry, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis & Marc Gasol in Action for the West
Sunday’s NBA All-Star Game to be Simulcast on TNT and TBS for First Time
Anthony Anderson to Host TNT’s State Farm All Star Saturday Night Coverage
TNT’s Inside the NBA to be Televised Live from Historic Hammerstein Ballroom
TNT will be the exclusive television network home for extensive live coverage of NBA All-Star 2015 in New York, Feb. 12-15, featuring all of the league’s premium events and unparalleled access to its biggest stars. The network will televise more than 26 hours of NBA All-Star coverage culminating with the 64th annual NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia from Madison Square Garden on Sunday, Feb. 15, at 8 p.m. ET. For the first time, the NBA All-Star Game will be simulcast on TNT and TBS beginning at 8 p.m.
Brooklyn native Marv Albert, calling his 20th NBA All-Star Game, will provide play-by-play commentary for the game with analysts Reggie Miller and Chris Webber, working his first NBA All-Star Game, along with reporters David Aldridge and Rachel Nichols.
Sunday’s NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia will showcase the league’s elite talent including Cleveland’s LeBron James, New York’s Carmelo Anthony, Washington’s John Wall, Chicago’s Pau Gasol and Toronto’s Kyle Lowry leading the East against Golden State’s Stephen Curry, Los Angeles’ Blake Griffin, New Orleans’ Anthony Davis and Memphis’ Marc Gasol in action for the West.
“NBA All-Star and New York City provide the perfect backdrop to showcase the league’s biggest stars and signature events,” said Craig Barry, SVP of production and executive creative director, Turner Sports. “We’re excited to utilize every resource within Turner Sports and our Turner Broadcasting portfolio to create an innovative approach and capture all of the excitement surrounding NBA All-Star.”
On the eve of the NBA All-Star Game, TNT will feature the State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, Feb. 14, at 8 p.m. with some of the league’s most exciting dunkers, three-point shooters and multi-faceted skill players on display. Actor Anthony Anderson, star of “Black-ish,” will join play-by-play commentator Kevin Harlan and analyst Reggie Miller to host the night’s festivities, along with TNT’s multiple-time Sports Emmy Award winning Inside the NBA team of Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Shaquille O’Neal. Smith will also join Harlan and Miller as an analyst for the Sprite Slam Dunk competition.
Leading into the network’s Saturday night lineup, TNT will feature a series of original programming including a New York themed Open Court telecast at 5 p.m. and Kings of Brooklyn with Reggie Miller at 6 p.m.
NBA All-Star coverage will tip off from New York on Thursday, Feb. 12, with Inside the NBA presented by Kia televised live from historic Hammerstein Ballroom. Host Johnson and analysts Barkley, Smith and O’Neal will provide a one-hour TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com pre-game show at 7 p.m., along with halftime updates and post-game coverage for the network’s coverage of the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls at 8 p.m.
Additionally, Inside the NBA will provide halftime and post-game coverage for TNT’s presentation of the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge – featuring the league’s top first and second year players in action with a new USA vs. World format – on Friday, Feb. 13, at 9 p.m.
Daily highlights for TNT’s NBA All-Star coverage:
Thursday, February 12
- TNT’s Sports Emmy Award winning Inside the NBA presented by Kia with Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal will originate live from New York’s historic Hammerstein Ballroom, preceding the night’s marquee game of the week.
- Thursday’s NBA on TNT primetime telecast will feature James and the Cleveland Cavaliers visiting the Chicago Bulls and Derrick Rose at 8 p.m. Albert will call the game with Miller (analyst) and Nichols (reporter).
Friday, February 13
- TNT will televise exclusive live coverage of the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge from Barclays Center at 9 p.m. This year’s event will feature a new USA vs. World format with some of the league’s top young talent in action including Minnesota’s Andrew Wiggins, Philadelphia’s Michael Carter-Williams, Milwaukee’s Giannis Antetokounmpo and Orlando’s Victor Oladipo.
- The Inside the NBA presented by Kia studio team of Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal will provide halftime and post-game analysis live from Hammerstein Ballroom.
Saturday, February 14
- Tipping off the night’s coverage, TNT will televise a series of original programming beginning with a new, New York themed episode of the critically acclaimed Open Court show at 5 p.m. The one-hour episode will include a roundtable discussion hosted by Ernie Johnson with TNT and NBA TV analysts Kenny Smith, Shaquille O’Neal, Grant Hill and Steve Smith, along with special guest and former New York Knick John Starks.
- TNT will also present Kings of Brooklyn, a 30-minute special hosted and executive produced by Reggie Miller, featuring the Brooklyn Kings, an eighth grade AAU team at 6 p.m. The team – a collection of kids from diverse backgrounds who have played together for four straight years – receive a surprise visit from TNT’s Miller, who spends a week with them to help motivate the group from a basketball standpoint and beyond the playing court as they prepare for the playoffs.
- At 7:30 p.m., the network will feature the TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com pre-game show with Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal from Barclays Center.
- State Farm All-Star Saturday Night, including the Degree Shooting Stars, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest and Sprite Slam Dunk, will tip off at 8 p.m. Anderson will host the network’s coverage with Harlan providing play-by-play commentary with analyst Miller throughout the evening, along with integration with the Inside the NBA team of Johnson, Barkley, Smith and O’Neal. Smith will also join Harlan and Miller to provide analysis during the Sprite Slam Dunk competition.
- This year’s Sprite Slam Dunk will include some of the best young dunkers in the game with Antetokounmpo and Oladipo joining Minnesota’s Zach LaVine and Brooklyn’s Mason Plumlee. The participants for each of the other contests will be officially unveiled during the TNT pregame show tonight, Feb. 5, at 7 p.m.
Sunday, February 15
- TNT will exclusively televise the 2015 NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia with coverage beginning at 7 p.m. with the TNT NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com pre-game show. Johnson will host the pre-game coverage with Barkley, Smith and O’Neal.
- This year’s NBA All-Star Game will be simulcast on TNT and TBS for the first time beginning at 8 p.m.
- Albert will call the game with analysts Miller and Webber and reporters Aldridge and Nichols.
TNT Overtime will continue to offer fans a unique video companion experience throughout All-Star weekend – including the BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge, State Farm All-Star Saturday Night and the NBA All-Star Game presented by Kia. Fans will once again be able to vote for the players they would like to follow from each team and engage in the social conversation surrounding All-Star weekend.
Live streaming of NBA All-Star coverage airing on TNT will also be available via www.tntdrama.com/watchtnt and the Watch TNT app. Fans are able to access the content whenever and wherever they desire by logging in with the user name and password provided by their TV service provider.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and professional golf. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across broadband and mobile platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated Team Stream app, NCAA.com and the critically-acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, PGA.com and the Sports Emmy Award-winning PGA Championship LIVE, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Visit the Turner Sports online pressroom for additional press materials; follow Turner Sports on Twitter at @TurnerSportsPR
Sal Petruzzi, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., at (212) 275-6897 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Nate Smeltz, Turner Sports, at (404) 827-4786 or email@example.com