Turner Announces Ad Lab Advisory Board
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
Turner has announced the anticipated list of influential members of the Turner Ad Lab Advisory Board. The company announced formation of Turner Ad Lab in January, in an effort to focus on future needs of consumers and advertisers in light of rapidly changing technologies and viewing habits. The Board will recommend how linear TV and digital video must remain a step ahead of these changes. They will determine the initial areas of focus at their first meeting, which will take place on April 28 at Time Warner Center in New York.
“We have assembled a group of thought leaders that will jointly determine the most imminent issues facing our industry and through various forms of leading research, develop best practices to approach tackling these challenges,” said Howard Shimmel, sponsor for the Turner Ad Lab and chief research officer for Turner. “We are thrilled about the initial response that we’ve already received from the industry expressing interest in becoming involved.”
“I applaud Turner for sponsoring the effort to move our industry forward through more impactful advertising, while bettering the overall consumer experience,“ said Gayle Fuguitt, member of the Turner Ad Lab Advisory Board and CEO at Advertising Research Foundation (ARF). “This type of consortium is critical to our own objectives at the ARF, and we are proud to be a part of this dedicated effort.”
The advisory board is made up of the following leaders.
Bios may be accessed at: http://oneturnersales.com/adlab
- ROBERT ATENCIO, Global Insights and Analytics Executive
- DAN AVERSANO, Sr. Vice President of Ad Innovation & Programmatic Solutions at Turner Ignite
- RANDALL BEARD, President of Global Innovation Commercial Practice at The Nielsen Company
- MIKE BLOXHAM, Sr. Vice President at Frank N. Magid Associates
- MIKE BOLOGNA, President at Modi Media
- LIZZIE CASEY, Sr. Director of Consumer Insights & Media Innovation Research at Turner
- BILLY FARINA, Sr. Vice President at Cox Communications
- JASON FLICK, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Co-Founder at You.i TV
- GAYLE FUGUITT, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at The Advertising Research Foundation (ARF)
- CHRIS GERACI, President of National Video Investment at OMD
- DALE HERIGSTAD, Advanced Interaction Consultant UX and Creative Visionary at Shodogg
- NATHANIEL HOWE, Founder and Executive Creative Director at Nathaniel Howe Studios
- NATASHA HRITZUK, Vice President of Client Insights & Content Partnerships Research at Turner
- STEVE KANTSCHEIDT, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Founding Partner at THREE
- MICHAEL KUBIN, Executive Vice President at INVIDI Technologies
- MICHAEL LAW, Executive Vice President, Managing Director of Video Investments at Amplifi US / Dentsu Aegis Network
- DR. CARL MARCI, Chief Neuroscientist at Nielsen Consumer Neuroscience
- CHAD MAXWELL, Sr. Vice President of Audience & Measurement Solutions at Starcom
- CRAIG MCANSH, Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at Infrared Experience Marketing
- MICHAEL PINER, Sr. Vice President of Investment at Magna Global
- DAN RIESS, Executive Vice President of Content Partnerships at Turner Ignite
- SHERI RODER, Chief of WHY at Horizon Media
- HOWARD SHIMMEL, Chief Research Officer (CRO) at Turner
- MICHAEL STROBER, Executive Vice President of Client Strategy & Ad Innovation at Turner Ignite
- BRIAN SHEEHAN, Associate Professor at Syracuse University (Newhouse)
- DR. DUANE VARAN, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at MediaScience®
- ZANE VELLA, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Founder at Watchwith Inc.
- JERRY WIND, Lauder Professor, Professor of Marketing at The Wharton School; Director of Wharton’s SEI Center for Advanced Studies in Management; and Academic Director of Wharton Future of Advertising Program (University of Pennsylvania)
The advisory board will help steer the various research initiatives and be responsible for oversight and approval of all projects. Members of the board will change every two years, with flexibility to add members at any time, ensuring that Turner Ad Lab is constantly seeded with new ideas, technology and innovation. Turner Ad Lab will operate out of Turner Research in close alignment with the company’s ad sales organization. Areas of focus will span commercial pod structures, new advertising real estate and creative treatments and executions.
Turner Ad Lab studies will be conducted utilizing the Time Warner Media Lab, as well as facilities throughout the United States and non-lab methodologies.
VP of Business Communications