NCAA.com Kicks Off 2014 College Football Season with Exclusive Video Features & In-Depth Gameday Coverage
Thursday, August 28, 2014
NCAA.com – managed by Turner Sports – is kicking off the 2014 college football season with an interactive online and mobile experience featuring exclusive video features, analysis, live scores and social engagement. From the opening kick off to the final touchdown each weekend, NCAA.com and the NCAA Sports app (available via iPhone and Android) will be the gameday destination for:
· GameCenter – The central location allowing fans to track their team’s performance including scoring drives, real-time statistics and play-by-play logs.
· Social Game – A unique look, through the social lens, at each weekend’s games.
· Plays of the Week – A compilation of the best plays each week.
· Highlights – Key moments from games featuring Top 25 schools.
Along with in-depth gameday coverage, NCAA.com will provide a full lineup of exclusive content and analysis throughout the week including:
· NCAA.com Power Rankings – A statistically based weekly list ranking the top teams in college football. Additionally, fans can submit their own version of power rankings.
· Pillars of the Program – A microsite with content centered on the top three all-time football players at a specific school. Each week, a new trio will be unveiled including occasional celebrity picks throughout the season.
· Heisman Watch – Every Monday throughout the season, the site will feature a recap of a player's performance deemed most worthy of consideration for college football’s highest individual honor – the Heisman Trophy.
· Traditions – A video series providing a look inside college football’s greatest traditions including mascots, team rituals, team colors and more.
· Statitudes – This section will feature statistical oddities and surprising stats that will be used to preview the weekend’s top match-ups.
· Behind the Seams – A series taking a look at a school's uniform, whether cutting edge or classic, and explaining the genesis behind it. From TCU's new red-streaked helmets or Notre Dame's golden domes, “Behind the Seams” will provide the backstory to a selected teams' choice of attire.
· Ultimate College Football Road Trip – A feature providing fans the top must-see stops along the way to the biggest game of the week.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. Turner Sports’ television coverage includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and professional golf. The company also manages some of the most popular sports destinations across broadband and mobile platforms including Bleacher Report and its top-rated Team Stream app, NCAA.com and the critically-acclaimed NCAA March Madness Live suite of products, PGA.com and the Sports Emmy Award-winning PGA Championship LIVE, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile sites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, a robust collection of offerings including NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
About the NCAA
The NCAA is a membership-led nonprofit association of colleges and universities committed to supporting academic and athletic opportunities for more than 450,000 student-athletes at more than 1,000 member colleges and universities. Each year, more than 54,000 student-athletes compete in NCAA championships in Divisions I, II and III sports. Visit www.ncaa.org and www.ncaa.com for more details about the Association, its goals and members and corporate partnerships that help support programs for student-athletes. The NCAA is proud to have the following elite companies as official Corporate Champions—AT&T, Capital One and Coca-Cola—and the following elite companies as official Corporate Partners— Allstate, Amazon (Kindle), Buffalo Wild Wings, Buick, Burger King, Enterprise, Infiniti, LG, Lowe’s, Nabisco, Northwestern Mutual, Reese’s (Hershey’s), Unilever and UPS.
NCAA is a trademark of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders.
- 30 -
Tareia Williams Turner Sports 404-575-9710 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail Dent NCAA 317-917-6117 email@example.com