RyderCup.com to Serve as Comprehensive Destination for 2014 Ryder Cup with LIVE Streaming Video, Exclusive Access and International Social Hub
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
RyderCup.com, managed by Turner Sports in partnership with the PGA of America and European Tour, will provide extensive online, mobile and social coverage of the 2014 Ryder Cup, the world’s premier international team golf event. From Tuesday, Sept. 23 through Sunday, Sept. 28, fans will have complete access to live streaming video including behind the scenes content, interactive leaderboard updates, live radio commentary, video alerts and social interaction. The content will be available across a wide array of platforms including desktop, Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, as well as the new Ryder Cup App (also available on Samsung Smart TVs in the U.S. for the first time this year).
The Ryder Cup LIVE video player, via RyderCup.com and Ryder Cup apps, will offer live streaming coverage from Gleneagles Resort in Scotland. The live video stream will include a dedicated feed produced exclusively for RyderCup.com and Ryder Cup apps, integrated content such as breaking news updates, a real-time leaderboard and social media integration. Additionally, Ryder Cup LIVE video will provide coverage of the opening and closing ceremonies. The Ryder Cup LIVE video announce team will include host Vince Cellini, analyst Michael Breed and Brian Katrek as course reporter.
The PGA of America, Samsung and Turner Sports have also partnered to unveil the Ryder Cup TV App – designed exclusively for the Samsung Smart TV platform – offering a new and interactive way for golf fans to experience the Ryder Cup. The TV app, which follows last month’s unveil of the first-ever PGA Championship TV App, features "Broadcast Mode," which allows users to complement and customize their viewing experience, while Samsung’s multi-screen functionality will seamlessly pair Samsung TVs with mobile devices. Additionally, fans with Samsung Smart TVs can trigger interactive experiences, exclusive Ryder Cup content, and access to live scoring, video on demand, the official leaderboard, photo galleries and more.
Additionally, RyderCup.com will feature a social hub where fans of Team USA and Team Europe, along with golf fans around the world, can join the conversation leading up to and throughout one of golf’s most engaging international events.
Ryder Cup content includes:
- Live Match Updates – PGA.com and European Tour writers will provide live updates, share photos and video links through this interactive feature during the event.
- Live Video Coverage – A dedicated video feed produced exclusively for RyderCup.com featuring live coverage from Gleneagles Resort.
- Video Highlight Hub – An enhanced experience will allow fans to search and browse by player, match, hole or top moment from the 2014 Ryder Cup.
- Official Live Leaderboard – New enhancements will deliver more data and social conversation built into the real-time leaderboard, providing fans with additional live analytics and greater opportunity to engage via social media.
- Ryder Cup Collection – For the first time, the Team USA uniforms, including the Ralph Lauren and New Era Ryder Cup collection, will be available for purchase via the PGA.com shop.
- Apps – A full suite of Ryder Cup apps are available across phone, tablets and select Samsung Smart TVs, offering access to live video and highlights, news, live match updates, the official leaderboard, team and player info, a course tour and a player locator, which allows users to track the location of their favorite players on the course.
- Mobile Website – In addition to the Ryder Cup apps, the RyderCup.com mobile website will offer video, live scoring, news and updates throughout the event.
PGA.com is the official site of The PGA of America operated by Turner Sports, and Rydercup.com and the Ryder Cup apps are managed by Turner Sports on behalf of The PGA of America and Ryder Cup Europe.
RyderCup.com is the official website of The Ryder Cup and has been designed to be both informative and entertaining, bringing a comprehensive live experience to anyone with Internet access anywhere in the world. All the latest news and fully comprehensive statistics can be found on the site, along with detailed history of the biennial contest and a wealth of information and a tour of the Gleneagles Resort in Scotland. The site provides live access to the contest, the Captains and players, to capture the drama and emotion of The Ryder Cup. Ryder Cup Europe and the PGA of America, through Turner Sports, have developed a website format through their own team’s perspective whilst allowing sharing of all the match information, such as scoring statistics, video and image galleries across the whole site. The result is a site that provides golf fans with comprehensive coverage of the greatest spectacle in golf.
About the PGA of America
Since its founding in 1916, the PGA of America has maintained a twofold mission: to establish and elevate the standards of the profession and to grow interest and participation in the game of golf. By establishing and elevating the standards of the golf profession through world-class education, career services, marketing and research programs, The PGA enables its professionals to maximize their performance in their respective career paths and showcases them as experts in the game and in the multi-billion dollar golf industry. By creating and delivering world-class championships and innovative programs, the PGA of America elevates the public's interest in the game, the desire to play more golf, and ensures accessibility to the game for everyone, everywhere. As the PGA nears its centennial, the PGA brand represents the very best in golf.
About Turner Sports
Turner Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is an industry leader in televised and online sports programming, airing championship-level sporting events on TBS, TNT and truTV, and managing some of the most popular sports sites on the Internet. Turner Sports’ television lineup includes the NBA, Major League Baseball, the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship and professional golf. The company’s digital portfolio includes Bleacher Report, NCAA.com and March Madness Live, and PGA.com, as well as an accompanying collection of mobile websites and connected device apps. Turner Sports and the NBA also jointly manage NBA Digital, which includes NBA TV, NBA.com, NBA LEAGUE PASS, NBA Mobile, the NBA Game Time App, NBADLEAGUE.com and WNBA.com.
Tony Morreale, Turner Sports at email@example.com or (404) 575-7401